Our client is a Canadian leader in manufacturing and distribution is looking for a new Automation or Electrical Engineer to be part of their team.
The ideal candidate has excellent qualities of self-learning, autonomy and initiative. He carefully plans his programming projects thanks to his analytical mind, demonstrating an exemplary sense of responsibility. He will work under the responsibility of the Director of Technical Support for Operations and will demonstrate team spirit and autonomy. The work is carried out in the Montreal facilities.
The automation/electrical engineer will be responsible for the automation and electricity of Montreal’s South Shore plant in order to:
- Develop and manage new projects;
- Provide leadership regarding the implementation, maintenance and development of automation, electricity and existing plant database infrastructure;
- Lead and implement projects, analyses and methods of continuous improvement;
- Ensure that manufacturing processes are reliable, efficient and controlled by applying the basic principles of engineering, performing preventive maintenance and using calibration control tools and advanced processes;
- Provide technical know-how and advice to electricians and electrical technicians, as well as assistance to mechanical engineers on capital expenditure projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automated Production Engineering or Electrical Engineering;
- Three to five (3-5) years of practical professional experience in instrumentation and controls/PLCs;
- Previous experience in electrical process control, instrumentation, automation, industrial protocols, networking (switching and routing) and databases;
- Understanding of integrated automation and information systems in a manufacturing environment;
- Understanding of the National Electrical Code and the code’s requirements for arc chips;
- Flexible team player with an open mind and excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills enabling them to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Dental insurance
- Supplementary health insurance
- Vacation and compensatory leave
- Group RRSN
- On-site parking
This ad is written in the masculine to lighten the reading. Recruscope welcomes all applications while respecting diversity. The company is also committed to rigorous and inclusive selection processes in all respects. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information on this position.