If you already hold a position in an organization, we invite you to contact Recruscope and share your achievements in your field of activity.
If you are a business, we invite you to request a quote to find the professional skills your organization needs to grow.
Do not hesitate to call us to discuss!
The main employers of an operations manager
- E-commerce, banking and financial services
- IT and IT
- Hotel sector
The skills of a director of operations
- Master supply chain management
- Have experience in the field
- Be a good motivator
- Use management and workflow software
- Know how to communicate well
- Intervene at all levels of the company
- Be positive and focused on concrete solutions
- Knowing how to withstand the pressure
The duties of a Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is the executive responsible for planning, organizing, managing and controlling the day-to-day operations of a business. These activities include procurement, production, manufacturing, quality and maintenance. It also intervenes at the level of budgets, policies and procedures related to these activities.
The Director of Operations has an intermediary role between the different work teams and with management. He is therefore an excellent communicator, able to connect with people at all hierarchical levels of the company. Thanks to his interpersonal skills and leadership, he is able to unite the company’s workforce and support the motivation of employees.
The Director of Operations plays a key role in the profitability of the company. First, it ensures the smooth running of the processes in place and finds solutions to cost, health and safety and time constraint problems. He also collaborates with sales teams, adjusts production to market developments, contributes to the launch of new products and the continuous adaptation of the supply chain.
Over time, the Director of Operations may find advancement in positions such as General Manager, Branch Manager, Regional Manager, or even Vice President of Operations.
DISCOVER OUR JOB OFFERS RELATED TO THE FIELD OF OPERATIONS
The Current Challenges of a Director of Operations
One of the biggest challenges of an operations manager today is to control the supply chain well. In a context of globalization, the just-in-time model of coordinating production based on orders rather than stocks has become very demanding.
The director of operations must also ensure that the best employees are kept in the teams in a context of labor shortage and ensure that customer orders are processed on time.
The responsibilities of a Director of Operations
The Director of Operations must demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Manage purchasing, production, logistics and customer service
- Identify and resolve production line issues and avoid delivery delays
- Facilitate communication between different work units
- Inspire existing teams, empower them to work well and develop a team spirit
- Establish harmonious relationships with the management team and customers
- Periodically use performance indicators
- Participate in the development of business strategies
We invite you to contact Recruscope for the recruitment of a Director of Operations by direct approach or let us know your skills in this area.