If you already hold a position in an organization, we invite you to contact Recruscope and share your achievements in your field of activity.
If you are a business, we invite you to request a quote to find the professional skills your organization needs to grow.
Do not hesitate to call us to discuss!
The main employers of a mechanical engineer
- Consulting engineering offices
- Research and development centers
- Aerospace industry
- Pulp, paper and paperboard mills
- Technical building management (related to mechanics)
- Federal and Provincial Governments
The skills of a mechanical engineer
- Be rigorous and organized
- Be critical
- Be imaginative
- Manage and track multiple projects at once
- Know how to communicate ideas and popularize concepts
- Propose realistic solutions
- Know how to work well in a team
The functions of a mechanical engineer
The roles and functions of a mechanical engineer are multiple. Today, this professional no longer works alone, but rather in a team with other colleagues from other engineering specialties, other professionals in the company and with external clients who have specific requirements.
The mechanical engineer who evolves in today’s world of work is focused on solutions, but he is also a good communicator who knows how to pose problems. He has developed expertise in a given sector of activity, but he is able to build bridges with other areas.
To expose his ideas and solutions, the mechanical engineer demonstrates an excellent capacity for interpersonal communication based on respect and discernment. He shows a pragmatic attitude in order to respect deadlines and budgets.
DISCOVER OUR JOB OFFERS RELATED TO ENGINEERING
The current challenges of a mechanical engineer
Mechanical engineering is a highly sought-after specialization in the labor market since industrial products occupy a large place in our daily lives.
Working as a mechanical engineer means being at the heart of the innovation process on an ongoing basis, as technology evolves rapidly. You have to be on the lookout for everything and use your creativity to solve concrete problems, sometimes urgent, with brilliant ideas.
Another major challenge for mechanical engineers today is to design better products through manufacturing processes that have a lower environmental impact, while remaining competitive.
Optimizing industrial production, increasing safety at work, reducing pollution, saving energy, these are major projects that benefit from the contribution of mechanical engineers today.
The responsibilities of a mechanical engineer
The roles and functions of a mechanical engineer are as follows:
- Imagine economically viable equipment modifications to improve the safety, reliability and energy efficiency of the production chain
- Develop common and multidisciplinary projects including other engineering specialties and other professionals in the company
- Test and evaluate theoretical concepts in the reality of an industrial environment
- Design better production processes to keep the company competitive
- Produce rigorous technical specification books
- Improve promising prototypes and make them evolve according to the market
- Use mathematical modeling and computer-aided design (CAD)
- Solve problems by talking to manufacturing departments, subcontractors, suppliers or even customers
- Find solutions to cost, security and time constraint problems.
We invite you to contact Recruscope to recruit a mechanical engineer by direct approach or to make your skills known in this field.