If you already hold a position in an organization, we invite you to contact Recruscope and share your achievements in your field of activity.
If you are a business, we invite you to request a quote to find the professional skills your organization needs to grow.
Do not hesitate to call us to discuss!
The main employers of a sales manager
- Retail trade
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Business services (banking, finance)
- Information Technology (IT) and Informatics
- Medical technology and health
The skills of a sales manager
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Inspire a team
- Knowing how to motivate people individually
- Demonstrate strategic thinking
- Know how to recruit talent in sales
- Be open to new technologies
The duties of a sales manager
A sales manager is called upon to work with a team of salespeople in a B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (retail) context, or in both areas. In any case, this dynamic framework knows how to inspire the sales force.
Leader and natural coach, he recruits and manages the teams of sales under his responsibility and monitors sales operations. On a day-to-day basis, he has to show a lot of tact and interpersonal skills with all the members of his team to solve the thousand and one small problems that arise.
In close relations with clients, he regularly analyzes and presents a summary of the results to senior management. He must also ensure that harmonious relations with business partners are maintained and developed and negotiate contracts for the sale, purchase of equipment or delivery of services.
The current challenges of a sales manager
One of the biggest challenges a sales manager faces today is recruiting their team members. It is necessary to know how to attract those who have a particular affinity with the field in which the company evolves, but also to know how to keep these new recruits, because the turnover rate is quite high.
Understanding and knowing how to make room for new technologies is also important in this changing profession. In recent years, ai-related technologies have had a major impact on sales force performance.
The responsibilities of a sales manager
The roles and functions of a sales manager are multiple:
- Motivate each member of their sales team with their own personality, experience and talents
- Inspire the team and give it cohesion in action
- Know how to recruit new talented salespeople, but also know how to keep the best talents within your sales team
- Know how to optimize the time spent by the sales force in the field by reducing administrative tasks to a minimum
- Understand and give pride of place to new technologies, if they make it possible to optimize processes
- Participate in the strategic development of products and services by obtaining valuable field information from customers across all sales territories
- Demonstrate recognition to sellers, develop promising talent and know how to positively highlight everyone’s efforts
- Demonstrate conviction and clarity in presenting the team’s sales results to management
We invite you to contact Recruscope for the recruitment of a sales manager by direct approach or to make known your skills in this field.