If you already hold a position in an organization, we invite you to contact Recruscope and share your achievements in your field of activity.
If you are a business, we invite you to request a quote to find the professional skills your organization needs to grow.
Do not hesitate to call us to discuss!
The main employers of a sales representative
- Retail trade
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Business services (banking, finance)
- Information Technology (IT) and Informatics
- Medical technology, pharmacology and health
The skills of a sales representative
- Be ambitious and organized
- Know how to communicate orally and write
- Listen to customers
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Be open to technology
- Be persuasive and diplomatic
The functions of a sales representative
The sales representative is a bit of a brand ambassador. He most often works as part of a team of salespeople in a B2B (business-to-business) or B2C (retail) context, or even in both areas at the same time.
In the company, the sales representative is placed under the supervision of a sales manager who leads the sales team. In order to achieve better results, he is usually specialized in a field whose vocabulary and market he knows well.
One of the most important roles of the sales representative is to better know the needs of his customers and to know how to listen to his customers. It can thus collect valuable information on the perception of the products and services it offers and inform the company.
The main functions of a sales representative include the presentation of the advantages offered by the products and services (speed, cost savings, competitive advantage, etc.), the establishment of prices and conditions of purchase (guarantee, credit, etc.) and the actual drafting of the sales contract.
He must also study the competition well and offer a high-quality after-sales service to his customers, to keep them and grow his sales.
Personal experience and additional training in marketing, operations management and accounting will eventually allow him to occupy a position as a manager or sales manager.
The current challenges of a sales representative
One of the biggest challenges for the sales representative today is to evolve in a world where the abundance of products and services reduces differentiation and the benefits of each. There’s also the fact that new digital sales strategies indirectly compete with them.
In recent years, digital technologies (internet advertising, email, social media, etc.) have had a major impact on marketing and sales strategies. The representative must therefore learn to use these digital means of communication to his advantage.
The responsibilities of a sales representative
The roles and functions of a sales representative are as follows:
- Promote the benefits of products and services
- Build customer loyalty and growth
- Ensure high quality after-sales service
- Establish strong business relationships with clients
- Know how to evolve within a sales team
- Define new sales and growth strategies for the company
- Drafting bids and sales contracts
- Know how to use new communication and management technologies
We invite you to contact Recruscope for the recruitment of a sales representative by direct approach or to make known your skills in this field.